At AIA weve started an exciting movement to create a healthier, more sustainable future for everyone.
Its about finding new ways to not only better people's lives, but to better the communities and environments we live in. Encompassing our ambition of helping a billion people live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives by 2030.
And to get there, we need ambitious people who believe in playing an important part in shaping that future. People seeking unmatched career and personal growth opportunities, who are driven to work with, and learn from some of the most inspiring and supportive leaders in the business.
Sound like you? Then read on.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR .....
Assist in the tax function in Finance.
Establish and maintain productive and cooperative relationships with other business unit and tax communities.
Ensure compliance with local tax regulations and optimize tax efficiency.
Liaise closely with tax outsourced partners and external tax consultants.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Direct Tax
- Prepare local tax reporting to ensure compliance with local statutory requirements. The tax reporting includes review of current tax and deferred tax computation, tax estimates and tax return submission.
- Manage AIA Group tax reporting to ensure compliance with Group Offices reporting requirements which includes tax monthly closing and quarterly Balance Sheet Reconciliation.
- Prepare Budget and Forecast for companys current and deferred tax for annual budget submissions.
- Handle the preparation of IFRS 17 tax reporting which includes Opening Balance Sheet, parallel run and after go-live tax closing.
- Prepare in depth analysis of operating tax rate and effective tax rate monthly analysis for both current and deferred taxation.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR) for tax process are established.
- Collaborate with manager and lead other department to provide response/update to Group Office, external auditors, tax consultant and regulatory bodies on tax related matters.
- Function as the subject matter expert (SME) and provide feedback/advice to other departments on corporate tax related matters.
- Provide timely and accurate update/advice on any changes in corporate tax law to impacted users.
- Prepare the Stamp Duty report, Withholding Tax, and Sales and Services Tax (SST) submissions.
- Provide support to the manager in indirect tax projects due to changes in business operations and tax laws and tax audits.
- Liaise with local business group and collating information for SST, withholding tax, and stamp duty documentation per local statutory and regulatory requirement.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation for indirect tax account.
- Review and provide guidance to other colleagues in preparing the information/documents for indirect tax compliance, disclosure in statutory reports and internal tax reporting.
- Support any require ad-hoc task when necessary and update SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for Indirect Tax.
Minimum Job Requirements
- A recognized Degree in Accounting or Professional Accountancy Qualification, with at least 3-4 years of relevant working experience.
- Prior working experience in the insurance industry will be an added advantage.
- Able to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Analytical and good problem solving skills.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.