FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We dont simply believe in being The Best. We believe in better - because theres no limit to how far better can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
If you believe in better, wed love to hear from you.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR .....
Reporting to the Record to Report Lead, Group Financial Solutions of AIA Shared Services Sdn Bhd, this position shall provide management and technical ability/support of the Record to Report Unit within GFS department and accountable for End-to-End accounting services from general accounting recording to provision of reporting and analysis services as per agreed/communicated timeline and in accordance to applicable accounting policies, standards and guidelines
- Support Record to Report Lead in managing day-to-day general accounting and reporting & analysis services/activities for AIA Group of Companies, including fixed asset, accruals and prepayments, general journal voucher, inter-company billing, non-operation bank reconciliations, re-insurance transactions, balance sheet reconciliation, financial reporting, management reporting and other regulatory reporting and analysis.
- Ensure all services are provided on a timely basis including daily operations and month end closing as per the SLA signed with AIA entities without compromising the work quality and comply with AIA accounting procedures and applicable accounting requirements.
- Develop and recommend areas for enhancements and improvements for the current systems and processes to meet the challenges and needs of stakeholders in relation to the GIA reports and analysis, IFRS templates and analysis, financial statements, and related areas.
- Engage and manage projects for any development, design, and implementation of new processes, controls, and functionality changes to existing systems in relation to the GIA reports, IFRS templates and financial statements to improve current processes, controls, and overall effectiveness of the team.
- Responsible to ensure Control Checklist, BPM, Training Materials and R&R are reviewed yearly especially as and when new enhancements are identified, implemented and communicated and the BPM is conforming with AIA and Financial Reporting Standards
- Reviewer of general accounting and reporting & analysis processes performed by the team members by ensuring the work is performed correctly and in line with all approved/agreed internal controls/processes as documented/stated in the Business Process Manuals (BPM).
- Prepare reports for Head of GFSs escalation to Group and Local Finance departments on any significant record to report issues along with concise descriptions of the issue and immediate actions/recommendation to address the issue.
- Support AIA Group of Companies Local Finance team on relevant matters relating to the general accounting and reporting & analysis services by providing timely and satisfactory response on all queries.
- Lead and liaise closely with external parties including local regulators for matters related to general accounting and reporting & analysis services.
- Provide guidance and support for Assistant Managers, Specialists and Associates of Record to Report in management planning, reviewing and performing day-to-day Record to Report processes. Set objectives and define development plans for direct report in line with department objectives.
- Team mentorship, leadership and motivation
Assist Record To Report Lead for recruiting, hiring and development of all Record Report team members.
- Assist and supports Record To Report Lead in process improvement and enhancement to ensure proper controls are in place for all identified risks, standardization of process across all LBU and to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Assist Record To Report Lead in other matters related to the Unit.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.