Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 product and services globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing companies, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to accelerate innovation, become more agile, and lower costs.
Key job responsibilities
At Amazon Web Services we are leading the cloud revolution. As a Customer Solutions Manager you will take end-to-end ownership of a diverse range of projects and initiatives, utilizing your Program Management skills to interface with and influence a broad range of multi disciplinary teams (sales, solutions architecture, support, product, professional services, partners). You will be a trusted cloud advisor to your customer.
You will leverage your consulting, complex program management and technology skills to understand your customer's strategic business objectives, translate them into an executable plan, and drive the implementation to success by working with the customer, AWS, and our partners. You will understand your customers' biggest IT and Business challenges, and provide prescriptive guidance, based on AWS best practices, to guide them through the obstacles.
The Customer Solutions Manager role is responsible for cloud transformational programs (technical, operational, organizational, education) that span across traditional IT teams and business units. With a deep understanding of your customer's business vision, culture and processes, you will be your customer's voice within AWS, ensuring that their needs are accurately communicated to AWS leadership, product, and engineering teams. You will coach customers on AWS services and support them in adopting the right solution at the right time. You should be passionate about delivering a great customer experience by deploying AWS solutions, driving innovation, and delivering successful migration programs.
Your actions will have to earn the trust of the customer by doing what's best for them in long term. You will have to communicate confidently at both the executive and project team level, and collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams, regardless of geographical or organizational boundaries. You will be a natural problem solver with a cool head that can deal with ambiguity and work autonomously to drive results for your customers.
A day in the life
• Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, math, business, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience leading large-scale, technical or engineering programs with a proven record of thought leadership, business case development, realizing customer benefits, and successful program completion
• 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, engaging with customer executives, technologists and/or partners to solve business problems with advanced technologies
• A history of problem solving and innovation developing technology programs and working across customer organizations
• Self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
• Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to details
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external customers
• Experience in a direct or matrixed role leading technical and non-technical transformation project teams with a proven ability to work across broad functional teams
• Direct experience implementing cloud services including migrations and modernization projects
• Knowledge of AWS Services and Solutions is an added bonus - AWS Solution Architect (Associate Level) will be required within 2 months from start date
• Project management certification, training such as PMP, Scrum, or other Agile certification, or equivalent experience
• Experience across at least one industry vertical (FSI, Telecom, Retail, Manufacturing, Energy, preferred)